Mia, a recent John Paul College alumni, has been recognised as an outstanding student during her time there.
Mia was a House Captain, Cross Country Captain and member of John Paul College’s High-Performance Academy, and successfully managed to balance her extensive training and competition workload while still maintaining excellent academic results.
Not only does she compete at a high level in athletics, but also in cross country, swimming and triathlon. Some of her achievements in 2021 include:
- Qualified for the Australian Track & Field Championships in the 3000m.
- Competed at the 15-19 Years All Schools Athletics Championships and finished 4th in the U18 1500m event.
- JPC Athletics Open Age Champion.
- Represented ‘Met East’ at the Queensland School Sport State Cross Country Championships.
- Competed at the Queensland Athletics All Schools Cross Country Championships.
- Was selected for the Queensland Athletics U18 Girls Cross Country team.
- JPC Cross Country Open Age Champion.
- TAS Cross Country Open Age Champion.
- Logan District Cross Country Open Age Champion.
- Competed at the Australian Age Swimming Championships in the 100m & 200m butterfly and the 200m freestyle.
- Represented ‘Met East’ at the Queensland School Sport State Swimming Championships.
- Competed at the Queensland Short Court Swimming Championships and won silver in 200m fly and bronze in 100m fly.
- Former member of the winning TAS open girls team who broke records in the 4x50m medley relay and 4x50m freestyle relay.
- Won a silver medal with the ‘Met East’ team at the Queensland School Sport State Triathlon Championships.
- U18 Girls State Champion at the Queensland State Aquathlon Championships.
- Won gold in the U19 division of the inaugural National Triathle and Laser-Run championships.